Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Preview Clip from Episode Two

Here's a very brief post about an addition to the BBC's website for the new Jane Eyre. The preview clip for episode two is already available. I couldn't find it, but Thisbeciel sent me the tip. So here it is.

It is nice to see that there are tons of blog posts from people who intend to be watching tonight. And it's a little funny to see how many are skeptical- STILL- that it even exists. Really, I have been doing my best since December to get the news around but people are still going to watch this expecting to see Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke. I'm not kidding. They even speak of others assuring them that this is new, but they will not believe it until they see it with their own eyes! Ah well.

ETA: I've made some screencaps of the preview clip:









Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

mysticgypsy said...

Ruth is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Just a heads up that I will have a copy of the miniseries episodes within a couple of days of airing (thanks to a kind friend making a digital recording and sending it to me.) I'll also have it in iPOD format because that's how I will be watching it.

Anonymous said...

I've just watched a copy of last nights first episode, some kindly friend taped it as I wasn't at home to see it.

I really liked it, don't want to spoil it too much for those who haven't seen it but just a few wee observations.

Would have loved to have seen more of Jane as a child and the Lowood scenes as what was there was beautiful but quite short, and a bit more of her friendship with Helen would have been nice.

Toby and especially Ruth are excellent, although I think they could have coped admirably with a lot more original dialogue from the book, they have changed it quite a bit but I suppose it is an updated version.

I think the actress who played Adele looked a bit too old for the role but that's a minor quibble.

But first impressions, very good.