Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

More Bronte News

I will be continuing the posts about the musical, but in the interim, we have a few news items:

This is totally harmless, but it made me smile this morning:

Towler cites Willa Cather, Edith Wharton, George Eliot, Charles Dickens and Jane Eyre as some of her biggest influences.

*hums 'one of these things is not like the others...'*

The Acting Company will be producing a production of Polly Teale's Jane Eyre in Hampton, Virginia.

Polly Teale's Jane Eyre comes up in an article otherwise off topic.

A translator makes a slight slip in naming Charlotte Bronte the author of Wuthering Heights. Only the other day one of my readers was telling me that her sister's teacher said they would be reading "Jane Eyre by Emily Bronte." When the sister said "but, sir, Charlotte wrote Jane Eyre. Emily wrote Wuthering Heights," the teacher only replied "I'll look into it." Look into it, as in look at the front cover of the book, perhaps... although I have actually seen covers which get it wrong. Therefore, I say 'slight slip.'

And Juliet Baker's brilliant 'The Brontes' is singled out for good comfort reading after a divorce!

Image is of Erin Moon and Jenn Miller Cribbs. Photography by Richard Termine.

2 comments:

mysticgypsy said...

Do those women in the picture play Jane and Blanche?

Brontëana said...

I was wondering myself. The woman in white is ambiguous.