Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Michelle Williams will star in Angela Workman's biopic: 'Bronte' ?

Where once we heard for several months that Lynn Collins would be playing Charlotte Bronte, now another source is claiming Michelle Williams will be playing CB, the 'title character' in 'Bronte'. The article is short so I will repost it here:

Oscar-nominated actress Michelle Williams (Brokeback Mountain) is set to play the title character in Angela Workman's Bronte, according to Production Weekly.The big screen biopic will be based upon the life of Charlotte Bronte, author of the classic novel 'Jane Eyre'. The cast also includes Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Imelda Staunton, Brian Cox and Ben Chaplin. Workman has already written the screenplay and is set to direct the film, which is slated to begin filming later this year.

I believe this information has already been circulating from the project's main page, but the casting of this project has been an issue for some time. I'll wait and see on this one.

2 comments:

mysticgypsy said...

It is not a bad choice..although I wonder how she'd pull off the accent. She was convincing in Brokeback Mountain, however.

Brontëana said...

I haven't seen her in anything before. But accents... Accents are always an issue. I can't say I have a feeling on what they would do with accents in this film.

I think... if I remember correctly, the American-made bios of the Brontes all had American accents. There are conventions about British accents being sinister, you see. On the other hand, the 'British' accents of the Brontes in films made in the UK are just as inaccurate.